Spring is finally here, and while for many, that means the joy of the winter months melting away, others are concerned about the dreaded car heat. You know, that horrible wave of hot air that hits you when you return to your parked car? To prevent this summer staple, just in time for the warm weather to roll around, all of us at Ewing Buick GMC have put together a list of car cooling tricks:
- Park in the shade if there are any covered spots available.
- Manufacture some shade for yourself, with a blanket or a sun shade, up against the windshield.
- Once you’re back in the car – make sure you’ve got you’re A/C set to fresh air as opposed to recirculation, which would take much longer to cool down.
- Take your car in for a routine check-up to make sure everything is working properly, particularly the vents and air conditioning.
- Have an emergency supply of water in the car to keep you hydrated, which also helps to bring down body temperature.
Have any other tips to cool down hot cars? Let us know in the comments.