Although we have plenty of warm months ahead, summer is abruptly coming to an end. The kids will be back in school and vacation season will sadly cease. Now that things are getting back into a normal routine, it is important that you take care of your car’s needs. Here are some maintenance tips to help your car transition back.
- Check your tires – make sure that they are correctly inflated. If they are under or over inflated, you may have serious issues while on the road.
- Change your oil and oil filter – Make sure you change your oil between 3,000 and 7,500 miles. Also check your oil levels every other time you fill up your gas tank.
- Check your hoses and belts – Look for cracks, leaks, and deterioration.
- Check your coolant – Don’t let your car overheat while you are waiting in morning traffic.
- Replace your windshield wipers – Being able to see correctly out of the windshield is the most important thing about driving. If your wipers are leaving streaks, it’s time to replace them!
- Check your brakes – If you hear squeaky sounds when you stop your vehicle, it’s time to replace your brakes.
- Clean your battery- Look for corrosion! A clean battery will last longer and save you more money.
If you have any questions about car maintenance tips, speak with the professionals at Ewing Buick GMC! Make an appointment for service by giving us a call at (972) 665-3148.